Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cave Falls - Yellowstone Nov. '07


Cave Falls - From inside the cave.
This is the southwest corner of Yellowstone.
It is only about 45 min. away and didn't cost anything to hike and camp this time of year.





From outside the cave









I was so close to being able to sing the zippidy-do-da song.




This guy liked peanut butter brittle as much as I did, maybe. He was going to eat out of my hand a bunch of times, but the shutter sound my camera makes kept spooking it. He got his snack on the ones I left on the branch though.
We car-camped the night before in the back of the jeep. It was nice turning on the car heater every once in a while when it was 2 degrees out.
Bechler Falls.
Amber is a great sport as most of you can imagine this was a Calvin idea.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"You can zippedy doo dah all day long for all I care, Remus, but keep that dang Mr. Bluebird off your shoulder!"-- The Far Side

That looks like fun... not with my clan though :) Can you imagine my little monkeys in a car all night?

Amber Horch said...

i guess it sounds worse than it is. the seats lay completely flat and we can spread out the futon. it has a surprising ammount of room.

Unknown said...

No, it totally sounds fun... just not with 4 kids! :)

Samantha said...

We need an update!!!

Kate said...

Ok Amber, I'm ready for you to post the pictures you took from your most fun trip ever... CA!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!